

Maya Elizabeth Ready arrived on Tuesday October 21 @ 11:48pm. She weighed 9lbs 3oz and was 191/4 in long. I started having contractions on Monday night around 7:30pm. At about midnight I started thinking they were getting much closer, still not knowing how intense things would get! I woke Matt up around 1:30am and at 2:30am we decided to go to his mom's house ( she lives so much closer to the hospital than we do!!) to labor. I was feeling good there for awhile and at 8:30am I decided I wanted to be at the hospital. I was checked at the hospital and I was 4.5-5cm. I called Auntie Stacey and Uncle Kenny ( who was in town visiting from Toronto), thinking things would move right along and I would have Maya soon?! Well a long time had passed. I was making snail pace progress and was sick the whole time. They broke my water at 5:30pm. At 6:30pm and 7cm I finally asked for epidural (yes it is what everyone says!!) By this time I was exhausted and my uterus was tired so my pushing was whimpy. At about 10:30 pm, they lowered my epidural to practically non existant and gave me pitocin to jump start my contractions (that worked!!), and at 11:48 pm I had a 9lb Maya!!!
Matt was amazing the entire time. He is the best coach/husband/support ever!! Auntie Stacey was great, I am glad she was able to be there, and uncle Kenny was awesome at keeping the hotline going....giving mom and everyone the play-by-play! FraNa was able to deliver her first grand baby so that was so special. Needless to say we had so much love and support around us, birth was truly amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment