Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

There is nothing like Christmas in Washington! This year Maya had her first encounter with snow. Mother nature enlightened us with several inches. With many firsts to come, Maya had quite a December.....snow, Christmas lights, tree, decorations, meeting G'ma Helen, Uncle Scott and Auntie Kristin (who showed the new parents you can take a 2 month old out for dinners and lunches, who knew?!),and Great G'pa and G'ma Jones!We did not visit any Santa's, mostly because I think it is a little creepy, but we did take a picture of her in her outfit! I joined 2 mom's meet up groups so I won't lose my mind and so Maya can meet little one's to play with.We went to story time at the library with G'ma Helen and daddy, she stayed awake all about 15min., hey I enjoyed it. Maya is now sleeping in her own room and through the night (don't say it too loudly or she'll hear you!) so thats been exciting. Matthew has been busy being a great daddy. He has progressed from master diaper changer to the sleep whisperer. Maya has discovered she has a voice. She is squealing and squawking all the time, especially when we are having a conversation. She likes to be apart of everything, I love it. I think we are in for it, she is going to be a little talker. I also can't believe she will be 3 months old on Wednesday....Yikes! Everyday we just feel so blessed!!! Now our next big event is the arrival of Baby Van Gelder. We can't wait for that:)

No comments: